[stunnel-users] stunnel with netcat.

Graeme Stewart gstewart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:38:15 CEST 2004

I'm hoping someone on this list will take the time to help me. I
apologize for the newbie nature of this question.

I'm trying to create an SSL stunnel connection to an https URL then
utilize netcat to send requests through that previously established
link. I believe this should be possible.

My configuration file includes:

verify=0
client=yes

[https]
accept=localhost:8080
connect=www.remotesite.com:443
TIMEOUTEclose=0
transparent=yes

Whenever I run:

# stunnel stunnel.config
# nc -vv localhost 8080

I receive a connection refused error from netcat. Could someone point
me in the right direction?

I did review the examples on stunnel.org but they all seem to
reference an earlier version of stunnel.

Thanks,

Graeme