[stunnel-users] using stunnel for smb networking

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Tue Dec 28 18:03:18 CET 2004

out of curiousity, has anyone been able to use stunnel as a cheap vpn
for smb/cifs windows networks?

We have a stupid firewall policy that blocks ALL port 139 traffic.
Yes, thats good most of the time since microsoft rpc's are notoriously
insecure.  It does cause a problem when we have other units at other
universities with different firewall policies however, so I was hoping
to go around the different bureacracies and tunnel it myself.

just curious.
--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257